Anneta Glavin is a Ketchum-based interior design consultant who takes pride in creating and transforming spaces by bringing ideas and inspirations to life. With over 2 decades of experience in the furniture and design industry, she has developed an awareness for understanding how real people live and creating comfortable living spaces for that lifestyle. Her “the client is # 1” approach with lots of focus on the “the details” make her projects filled with a fresh outlook that reflect a homeowner’s personality.
Wood River Bio
12 years experience:
- creating lodgestyle interiors that compliment the rugged and beautiful surrounding of our area.
- teaming with contractors, painters, cabinet builders, tile/granite installers, carpet installers, drapery fabricators and all other phases of the building industry to generate dynamic and custom living spaces.
- working closely with local furniture builders to create one of a kind pieces that are unique and reflect the spaces they will inhabit.
- establishing relationships with the industry furniture suppliers who provide mountain lifestyle furnishings.
Previous to Wood River
- 3 time winner of the Magic Valley Home Builders Tour of Homes.
- Buyer for Inspiration Furniture and Design store…one of the top design centers in Idaho.
- Completely furnished The Hemingways, an 8-unit fractional development in the Warm Springs area of Sun Valley.
- Value the importance of a team approach
- Great ability to communicate and organize
- Desire to always continue learning
- Passion for hands on labor
- Effective at motivating a crew in a positive manner
- Enjoy the reward in the finish product
- Journeyman in stone masonry
- Capable in operation of small equipment
- Experienced in many aspects of the construction field
- Ability to read construction documents
- Coordination and scheduling of sub-contractors
- Custom fireplace experience
- Extensive remodeling projects: adding second levels & large additions
- Complete involvement in new construction
- Framing experience: cut in roof lines, balloon frame walls
- Log siding
- Beam work
- Foundation work
- Tile layout and installation
- Interior installation doors, trim, and cabinetry
- Restaurant Reconstruction
- New Town home construction; foundation to finish
|Engelmann Construction||Builder||2007 - Present|
|Trails End Construction||Builder||2002 – 2007|
|Rick Demarest Inc.||Stone Mason||1999 – 2002|
|John Witherspoon Painting||Painter||1998 – 1999|
|Jack Kelly Painting||Painter||1994 – 1997|
|Utility Pipe Inc.||Fork Lift Operator||1991 – 1994|
Interior Designer, detail oriented with the ability to organize all aspects of interior design. Embrace creative thinking, problem solving and a passion for people and their interior spaces. Special interests include environmentally sensitive interiors and kitchen & bath design.
- Associates in Applied Science of Interior Design
Arapahoe Community College, 2008
- Bachelors of Science in Environmental Studies
Willamette University, 1998
- Semester Abroad
University of New Castle, Australia, 1996
- Compose client programs, design contracts, and space studies.
- Research historical importance, building codes and product characteristics.
- Design projects for restaurants and showcase homes.
- Generate simple conceptual drawings to final draw¬ings including millwork details, lighting plans, specifi¬cations, floor plans and elevations.
- Select harmonious finishes to satisfy client requests.
- Present projects in organized presentation boards and color renderings.
- Implement final details in design project completion.
Employment & Experience History
- Interior Designer and Floor Salesperson
- Top Notch Fine Furnishings, Present
- Kitchen Designer and CAD Support
- Black Diamond Kitchens, 2004-2007
- Land Surveyor and Crew Chief
- Geosurv Land Surveyors, 2000-2004
Seminars and Workshops
- Ellen Cheever’s conferences:
Cooking Rooms & Kitchens of the Millennium.
- Auto CAD:
Auto Kitchens Training Class
- Appliance Training:
- Cabinetry Training:
Wood mode and Crestwood Cabinetry
Awards and Affiliations
- Parade of Homes:
Best Master Suite 2007
First Place Kitchen Design 2006
- Habitat for Humanity:
- Kitchen Design and Installation
- NKBA member
- ASID member
Sales and Project Management
- Increased and maintained customer loyalty though consistent and timely service.
- Exceeded sales commission goals by 20% annu¬ally for 3 years in a row.
- Developed showroom designs with emphasis in sustainable interior products.
- Scheduled and maintained timelines for several ongoing projects.
- Supervised survey crews on all attending projects.