Interior Designer, detail oriented with the ability to organize all aspects of interior design. Embrace creative thinking, problem solving and a passion for people and their interior spaces. Special interests include environmentally sensitive interiors and kitchen & bath design.
- Associates in Applied Science of Interior Design
Arapahoe Community College, 2008
- Bachelors of Science in Environmental Studies
Willamette University, 1998
- Semester Abroad
University of New Castle, Australia, 1996
- Compose client programs, design contracts, and space studies.
- Research historical importance, building codes and product characteristics.
- Design projects for restaurants and showcase homes.
- Generate simple conceptual drawings to final draw¬ings including millwork details, lighting plans, specifi¬cations, floor plans and elevations.
- Select harmonious finishes to satisfy client requests.
- Present projects in organized presentation boards and color renderings.
- Implement final details in design project completion.
Employment & Experience History
- Interior Designer and Floor Salesperson
- Top Notch Fine Furnishings, Present
- Kitchen Designer and CAD Support
- Black Diamond Kitchens, 2004-2007
- Land Surveyor and Crew Chief
- Geosurv Land Surveyors, 2000-2004
Seminars and Workshops
- Ellen Cheever’s conferences:
Cooking Rooms & Kitchens of the Millennium.
- Auto CAD:
Auto Kitchens Training Class
- Appliance Training:
- Cabinetry Training:
Wood mode and Crestwood Cabinetry
Awards and Affiliations
- Parade of Homes:
Best Master Suite 2007
First Place Kitchen Design 2006
- Habitat for Humanity:
- Kitchen Design and Installation
- NKBA member
- ASID member
Sales and Project Management
- Increased and maintained customer loyalty though consistent and timely service.
- Exceeded sales commission goals by 20% annu¬ally for 3 years in a row.
- Developed showroom designs with emphasis in sustainable interior products.
- Scheduled and maintained timelines for several ongoing projects.
- Supervised survey crews on all attending projects.
- Value the importance of a team approach
- Great ability to communicate and organize
- Desire to always continue learning
- Passion for hands on labor
- Effective at motivating a crew in a positive manner
- Enjoy the reward in the finish product
- Journeyman in stone masonry
- Capable in operation of small equipment
- Experienced in many aspects of the construction field
- Ability to read construction documents
- Coordination and scheduling of sub-contractors
- Custom fireplace experience
- Extensive remodeling projects: adding second levels & large additions
- Complete involvement in new construction
- Framing experience: cut in roof lines, balloon frame walls
- Log siding
- Beam work
- Foundation work
- Tile layout and installation
- Interior installation doors, trim, and cabinetry
- Restaurant Reconstruction
- New Town home construction; foundation to finish
|Engelmann Construction||Builder||2007 - Present|
|Trails End Construction||Builder||2002 – 2007|
|Rick Demarest Inc.||Stone Mason||1999 – 2002|
|John Witherspoon Painting||Painter||1998 – 1999|
|Jack Kelly Painting||Painter||1994 – 1997|
|Utility Pipe Inc.||Fork Lift Operator||1991 – 1994|
Our Design Team