Interior Designer, detail oriented with the ability to organize all aspects of interior design. Embrace creative thinking, problem solving and a passion for people and their interior spaces. Special interests include environmentally sensitive interiors and kitchen & bath design.
- Associates in Applied Science of Interior Design
Arapahoe Community College, 2008
- Bachelors of Science in Environmental Studies
Willamette University, 1998
- Semester Abroad
University of New Castle, Australia, 1996
- Compose client programs, design contracts, and space studies.
- Research historical importance, building codes and product characteristics.
- Design projects for restaurants and showcase homes.
- Generate simple conceptual drawings to final draw¬ings including millwork details, lighting plans, specifi¬cations, floor plans and elevations.
- Select harmonious finishes to satisfy client requests.
- Present projects in organized presentation boards and color renderings.
- Implement final details in design project completion.
Employment & Experience History
- Interior Designer and Floor Salesperson
- Top Notch Fine Furnishings, Present
- Kitchen Designer and CAD Support
- Black Diamond Kitchens, 2004-2007
- Land Surveyor and Crew Chief
- Geosurv Land Surveyors, 2000-2004
Seminars and Workshops
- Ellen Cheever’s conferences:
Cooking Rooms & Kitchens of the Millennium.
- Auto CAD:
Auto Kitchens Training Class
- Appliance Training:
- Cabinetry Training:
Wood mode and Crestwood Cabinetry
Awards and Affiliations
- Parade of Homes:
Best Master Suite 2007
First Place Kitchen Design 2006
- Habitat for Humanity:
- Kitchen Design and Installation
- NKBA member
- ASID member
Sales and Project Management
- Increased and maintained customer loyalty though consistent and timely service.
- Exceeded sales commission goals by 20% annu¬ally for 3 years in a row.
- Developed showroom designs with emphasis in sustainable interior products.
- Scheduled and maintained timelines for several ongoing projects.
- Supervised survey crews on all attending projects.
- Value the importance of a team approach
- Great ability to communicate and organize
- Desire to always continue learning
- Passion for hands on labor
- Effective at motivating a crew in a positive manner
- Enjoy the reward in the finish product
- Journeyman in stone masonry
- Capable in operation of small equipment
- Experienced in many aspects of the construction field
- Ability to read construction documents
- Coordination and scheduling of sub-contractors
- Custom fireplace experience
- Extensive remodeling projects: adding second levels & large additions
- Complete involvement in new construction
- Framing experience: cut in roof lines, balloon frame walls
- Log siding
- Beam work
- Foundation work
- Tile layout and installation
- Interior installation doors, trim, and cabinetry
- Restaurant Reconstruction
- New Town home construction; foundation to finish
|Engelmann Construction||Builder||2007 - Present|
|Trails End Construction||Builder||2002 – 2007|
|Rick Demarest Inc.||Stone Mason||1999 – 2002|
|John Witherspoon Painting||Painter||1998 – 1999|
|Jack Kelly Painting||Painter||1994 – 1997|
|Utility Pipe Inc.||Fork Lift Operator||1991 – 1994|
Working at Topnotch has allowed my design skills to grow! I love learning all the expansive products and design options offered at Topnotch, and a bonus to working with this company is the beautiful community of Blaine County.
Jane studied business at Boise State University from 1985 to 1989. She then took her business skills and entrepreneurial spirit and open the Ethan Allen Design Center of Boise Idaho in 1994.
It was there that Jane learned her passion for interior design along with her love of working and collaborating with clients.
Jane enjoys taking her client’s needs and wants and creating living spaces that reflects their personality. She believes that creating beautiful rooms is only one part of why she love design, the other is seeing the client thrilled with the finish look!
- 2008 IBR Business Woman of the Year
- Junior League of Boise Fund Development Director and Board Member — Served 1995 to 2005
- Ballet of Idaho Board Member and 2010 Board President — Served 2004 to 2013
- Fundsy Board Member and 2014 Gala Chair — Served 2010 to 2014
- Idaho Voices for Children Board Member — Served 2009 to 2013